This ginger cottontail (see what did there?) has been busy!
After some serious
hare hair grooming at Mixed Co. Salon (the staff here are incredibly friendly and amazing–they really, really know what they are doing) through a great new service called Whittl, this red rabbit got to go down to the South Loop where Shred415 has opened its newest location at The Shops at Roosevelt Collection. Besides the fact that I got to talk to friends and make new ones I got great tips from stylist Mohammed on how to make curled hair seem expensive and polished, but take only a fraction of the time. Some wisdom from Mohammed for flawless curls:
- If you have the time curl your hair in sections and let it sit for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes before running your fingers through it. Allowing the hair to cool helps the curls to stay fresher longer.
- Don’t spray too much product, it weighs the hair down (obviously). Mohammed recommends the Unite Freshen spray for bigger more relaxed curls.
- Smaller sections make for better curls
- To freshen drooping curls simply flip your hair down, work at the roots a bit, and flip it back up. When you stand up you’ll have your bouncy curls back and be as elegant and sexy as ever!
Shred415. It’s a workout that makes you feel like Beyonce. At least I did. Not in a dance-y kind of way, because it’s not that kind of workout, but in a damn I look good kinda way. I was looking in the mirror because I actually liked looking at myself in the mirror (for once) rather than because I needed to ‘keep an eye on my form’. I had not run in awhile and I must have gotten an endorphin high because I left class happy with how I performed, and proud of what I’d done. Dave was a great instructor and took care of all the newbies from Windy City Bloggers who had come to attend class. The best things about Shred 415:
- The instructor was very attentive.
- I have never done a workout broken up like that and it was facinating to see how my body reacted
- A great vibe in the studio itself, every student was working really hard, it made me feel good about working hard as well. Nothing worse than people ‘just getting by’ during a workout when you are trying to push yourself.
- Great space and great location, right off the Roosevelt Red Line stop.
Chicago on a Tuesday night is not half bad. Try a new gym, try a new salon, or visit that coffee shop or art gallery or restaurant that you’ve always wanted to visit but keep putting off. Life is short and a night in the city can take you anywhere.